Children Ortho Care
Many children have orthodontic problems which develop at a young age. Parents therefore want to know how early their children’s orthodontic problems need to be treated. Although most orthodontic problems are best treated with traditional braces, some problems need to be treated as soon as they are noticed, no matter how young a child is.
Early orthodontic treatment is effective and desirable in certain situations. Some of the problems which do require early orthodontic treatment include:
- A crossbite of the back teeth (posterior crossbite)
- A crossbite of the adult front teeth (anterior crossbite, permanent dentition)
- An extremely narrow upper dental arch (severe bilateral maxillary constriction)
- Inadequate growth and development of the midface (midface hypoplasia)
- Severe crowding which prevents the normal eruption of adult teeth
- Tipping of teeth which prevents the normal eruption of adult teeth
We would be happy to evaluate your children’s orthodontics needs. Schedule an appointment today.