BENEFITS OF MYOBRACE
- Correct alignment of the teeth and jaws
- Elimination of poor oral habits
- No need for extraction of healthy teeth
- Reduced need for fixed retainers
- Improved facial development and overall health
- Uses light forces to naturally align the teeth and retrain the orofacial muscles
- Unlike traditional orthodontics, Myobrace is not worn all the time
- Allows great oral hygiene- easily brush and floss your teeth
- No dietary restrictions
- Teaches proper nasal breathing, proper tongue placement and correct swallowing
- Book your consultation
- Have records taken (models of the teeth, photos, and x-rays)
- Be presented with a full treatment plan – sometimes referral(s) to an ENT, sleep physician and orofacial myofunctional therapist are required
- Receive the first Myobrace® appliance
- Return for regular check ups
Book a free consultation for a myofunctional orthodontic evaluation.
Once the assessment is made, a plan is developed and treatment can begin.
For more information, please see FAQ below and https://myobrace.com/en-us/what-is-myobrace
FAQ MYOBRACE SYSTEM
What is Myobrace? Myobrace is a preventive orthodontic treatment (phase 1) that helps straighten teeth, and corrects poor oral habits; focusing on treating the underlying cause and unlocking the natural growth. It has been used successfully in treating millions of children worldwide, in over 100 countries, for over 30 years.
What causes crooked teeth? It is a common belief that crowded teeth and incorrect jaw development are caused by either large teeth in small jaws, or hereditary factors. Modern research shows that the real causes are: mouth breathing, an open mouth posture caused by large tonsils/adenoids, allergies and asthma, tongue thrusting, thumb and pacifier sucking (which are incorrect oral habits).
How does Myobrace treatment work? Myobrace treatment uses a series of appliances correct habits that cause poor dental development and apply light forces to align the teeth into their natural position. Treatment does not involve wearing braces or complex and uncomfortable dental appliances 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Wearing a Myobrace appliance for one to two hours each day and overnight while sleeping and performing daily the facial exercises recommended is all it takes for a real change to occur. With full compliance, excellent results can be achieved, sometimes eliminating the need for braces (phase 2) afterwards.
How long does treatment generally take? Myobrace treatment time is usually 18 months.. Instead of being fixed to the teeth, the appliances are removable and require just one to two hours of use each day plus overnight while sleeping.
- Habit Correction – teaching the patient to breathe through the nose and training the tongue to rest in a correct position, swallowing, and keeping the lips together when not speaking or eating.
- Arch Development – to allow sufficient space for the teeth and tongue.
- Dental Alignment –to help position teeth into their natural position.
Will it work for me or my child? The Myobrace System is a bit like a training program. Like study or sport, daily commitment and persistence is required to obtain the best results. It also depends on the patient’s biological capacity to change – so sometimes the results are rapid and other times it may take longer. Old habits die hard, so the sooner the training program is implemented and the more the child complies, the better the benefits and the more permanent the results will be.
What is the best age to start Myobrace? The optimum time to begin treatment is when the patient is still growing and the first permanent teeth appear (around 6 to 10 years of age). If poor oral habits are discovered at an earlier age and the child cooperates, it is best to start treatment sooner.
What other benefits might I see from using this treatment? The aim of Myobrace treatment is not just to have straight teeth, but also to improve the airway, the facial aspect and posture, reduce allergies, ADHD symptoms and TMJ problems.
How often do I need to wear it? The appliances must be worn daily for one to two hours plus overnight while sleeping. A few simple daily exercises that retrain the oral muscles are necessary also.
Are there any harmful side effects with Myobrace treatment methods? There have been no reported harmful effects with Myobrace treatment. The appliances used are very flexible and apply only light intermittent forces that assist in retraining the muscles and breathing, so there is little possibility of doing harm. Regular appointments are necessary to ensure the muscle improvements are progressing and there is no irritation caused by the appliances.
Are there any signs or reasons why this treatment would not be suitable? Non-compliant patients, extremely crooked teeth and jaw discrepancies which stop the child from physically holding the Myobrace appliance in their mouth will not achieve a satisfactory result. Also, the older the patient is the more difficult is to change habits and move the teeth.